The Shepherd's Heart AME Church (TSH) began as a bible study ministry with approximately a dozen people meeting on a weekly basis for approximately a year before converting into a formal congregation. TSH was founded on June 29, 2014 by the Rev. Lee M. Sapp in the Village of Royal Palm Beach, Florida. The Village of Royal Palm Beach is one of the most diverse populations in the United States. A suburban community filled with young families, and a thriving commerce. The Shepherd's Heart Church is the first AME Church established in the village of Royal Palm Beach to thrive.
The AME Denomination (African Methodist Episcopal Church) was founded in 1816 by Bishop Richard Allen. The AME Church is the very first and oldest (200 years old) African American Christian Denomination in the world. The word "African" in the denomination name solely refers to the descent of the denomination's founder as does the "Roman Catholic Church", and in no way is to imply exclusivity regarding race, or nationality. *For more information about the AME Church Click here
At the Shepherd's Heart AME Church We:
- Practice "No Dress code, No Judgment, No Kidding"
- Embrace tradition with a modern interpretation
- Promote hunger for God with applicable and relevant teaching and preaching
- Cherish and prioritize the youth
- Utilize diverse music and media ministry
- Fully utilize today's technology
- Develop ministries based on the needs of the body and community
- Promote unity from the inside out
- Are warm and inviting, yet with structure and consistency
- Promote life changing, lifestyle elevating, spiritual growth through a diversity of methods
- Are Christ centered and family focused
- Exhort Christ's ministry in caring for and seeing to the needs of the powerless in society
"But when He saw the multitude, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd." Matthew 9:36